– Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? How long have you been making Hip Hop?
I was born in Columbus Georgia a Army Brat. Moved to the D.C. Area When I was 5 and I’ve lived in the DMV ever since. I have been doing music since I was 13.
– What influences you in making Hip Hop?
My influences for making music I make is Luda and Outkast! As of the music I make; I would say challenging myself to be unique, to not conform to what big business wants and stay true to myself and Hip Hop.
– Describe your music, and what separates you from other MCs?
Honest, organic, diverse. I understand my gift and want to use it to make good music. I appeal to both younger and older age groups because of my lyrical content and how I can hit em with that gritty hip hop flow and then change up and show my R&B singing side.
– Who have you collaborated with? Who would you like to collab with in the near future?
Of course my team! EDI (Early does it) Propane James, Dun Dunny!! In the future I would love to work with Drake, Ludacris, J. Cole, and Big KRIT.
– Your definition of “Underground Hip Hop”?
I feel underground Hip Hop is that pure essence of HipHop before it gets industry tainted, made organically and independently of mainstream music.
– Production wise, who are your influences? Who does your production? And who would you like to work with?
Production wise my influences are 40, Just Blaze, No ID, Big KRIT
The production on my current project was G The Mastermind, he’s dope as well, and myself.
And I would love to work with Big KRIT and Pharrell Williams both Very dope and haven’t forgot that underground feel
– Any current or future projects you are promoting?
Yeah, S.I.K.(Secrets I’ve Kept)! Pushing and promoting this Mixtape. I’m also currently working on a new untitled project. My single “This For HipHop” will be featured on the upcoming DMV Life Mixtape vol4, scheduled to drop in September 2015. I will be participating in the DMV Life showcase in September 2015 also.
Brigz Crawford – “This For Hip Hop”
– Can you give us a brief description of the creative process of “S.I.K. Secrets I’v Kept”? Also/ tell us a little bit about the concept and idea behind your Album/Mixtape Cover Art.
The creative process of SIK was built on personal experiences that I’ve been through. The cover is another personal experience. I had brain surgery a year ago and they didn’t know if I would bounce back. So when I did I promised myself that I would be true to myself, my music, and do the type of music that I wanted to do. Instead of being a parrot behind the mic for any producer that promised they would get me on the radio. The smoke and things coming out of my head on the album cover are secrets. Once my mind was opened its like a smoking gun…beretta shots
– Where can we find your music and info?
brigzcrawford.com the site has everything!
– Any shout outs?
Yes UGHH Blog for this opportunity, Dead Level Boyz my Management
EDI (Early Does It!) The Team,
The Valentine Line, Listen Vision Studio’s D.C. , DJ Boom,DJ Mike Phillips, Persia Nicole the sweetheart of 92Q Baltimore WERQ and my Mom&Dad!!
Orignal post found here: Underground Hip Hop Blog